Follow the steps below to update the firmware of your Super 6:
- Enter bootloader mode:
- Power off the Super 6 and wait a few seconds.
- Whilst holding down the SHIFT button, power on your Super 6 and continue to hold the SHIFT button.
- Progress LEDs will cycle through the patch and bank buttons while the SHIFT button will continue flashing. Make sure this is the case, restart step 2 if not.
- Release the SHIFT button.
- Connect the Super 6 to your computer using the included USB cable.
- The Super 6’s boot disk will appear as a disk drive named SUPER6-BOOT on your computer.
- Delete all files from the SUPER6-BOOT drive. Make sure to empty the trash if you are a macOS user, or the update won’t be possible.
- Copy the firmware file ‘xos_v*.**.bin’ and the init patch file ‘init_patch.s6’ from your computer to the SUPER6-BOOT drive. If asked if you want to copy files without properties, choose ‘yes’. Please consider that this process may take a few minutes.
- Make sure the file transfers are complete.
- Turn the power off, wait a few seconds and turn the power back on again. You will see progress LEDs followed by a combination of three momentarily lit bank buttons. Every time you power on your Super 6, this combination of bank buttons will light up to indicate what firmware your Super 6 is running.
The boot disk of the Super 6.
Note: The latest firmware release can be downloaded from udo-audio.com/support.