Notice how the description of the WAVE button located to the right of the bank select buttons is surrounded by a box that also includes the names of the functions the patch and bank select buttons take over in waveform selection mode: W1 to W16, which stands for waveform 1 to waveform 16.
The alternative waveforms are organised in two groups of 16 waveforms each, so you have access to 32 alternative waveforms in total. Each lettered patch and bank select button (W1-W16) allows you to access two alternative waveforms.
To switch between both waveforms, simply press a patch or bank select button after you have entered waveform selection mode. For example, switching between waveforms 1 and 17 is achieved by pressing W1.
To indicate that you are accessing a waveform from the first group, the LED of the patch or bank select button will stay solidly lit. To indicate that you are accessing a waveform from the second group, the LED of the patch or bank select button will start flashing.
Note: After you have selected an alternative waveform from the second group, you will remain in the select mode for this group for as long as you will select an alternative waveform from the first group again and vice versa.
To select an alternative waveform, follow these steps:
- Turn the waveform rotary control to the rightmost position or push the WAVE button. Its LED will flash, indicating that you are now in waveform selection mode.
- Press any of the patch and bank select buttons (W1-W16) once or twice to select a different waveform.
Note: Each patch remembers the alternative waveform it was saved with. Even if you would replace all alternative waveforms the Super 6 is shipped with, all the patches that made use of the original alternative waveforms won’t change.
When you switch from patch to manual mode, the alternative waveform from the previously loaded patch will be retained in DDS 1:
- Load a patch in which DDS 1 is set to an alternative waveform.
- Press the MANUAL button.
- Move the DDS 1 rotary control to the rightmost position or press the WAVE button.
- The now loaded alternative waveform is the waveform that was selected for DDS 1 in the last patch you recalled in patch mode. Note that this waveform can also be used by LFO 1.